Community Care Day
Our spring Community Care Day was a great success!
About 40 volunteers showed up on Saturday, May 6th, 2023 to spruce up the school grounds. We weeded, trimmed, mulched, and even planted a few flowers along the front, back, and side of the school.
Thank you to co-leads Janwyn Toy-Blazer and Wendy Schmidt, Principal Presley, and Custodian Corina for getting this event organized and carried out on the day-of.
Thank you to the families that participated:
- The Aeolian / Petit-Etienne family
- The Blazer family
- The Campbell / Olstad family
- The Clark family
- The Damon family
- The Doty family
- The Griffin family
- The Hammer family
- The LeBaron family
- The McLamb family
- The Reinholt / Robinson family
- The Rounds / Schmidt family
- The Westom family
* If your name is missing from the list, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add you!
Next Community Care Day will be just before school starts in Fall 2023.
Keep an eye out for the official announcement!
We need both adults and kids to volunteer. All ages are welcome.
Strong arms are needed for shoveling mulch, directing wheelbarrows, and carrying bags of plant clippings.
Please check back for sign ups closer to the start of school in Fall 2023.
What to Bring
Everyone should bring work gloves and appropriate footwear and clothing.
The school has some tools, but we are more productive if you can bring some from home. The following would be particularly helpful:
- Weeding Tools (most needed)
- Shovels (most needed)
- Garbage pickers (most needed)
- Hard rakes
- Leaf rakes
- Mowers/weed whackers
- Pruners, clippers, and/or shears
- and anything else that makes you comfortable and motivated to work!
Please label all tools with your name and phone number.
What to Expect Day Of
- Check in at the front of the school. There will be volunteer leads to help point you in the right direction. All the weeding has to be done at the beginning before we lay the mulch down.
- We'll have tape and markers in case you forget to label your tools.
- Minimal snacks will be provided.
Community Care Day photo credit: Ellis Clark - 5th grade
Community Care Day Photos