Friday, October 27th, 5:30pm to 8pm
5:30pm: Gentle entry for grades K-3 or any students experiencing sensory avoidance.
6:15pm: Open to all.
8:00pm: Event ends and clean-up begins.
Spookarama, a longstanding annual tradition, is a school-wide event held just before Halloween. BCS families, friends, and neighbors are invited to join us for a frightfully good time as the Fernwood Campus is transformed into an all-ages haunted house and carnival, filled with candy, games, and other fun activities.
Spookarama is a FREE community event, but donations are greatly appreciated. Make a donation here to help support the PTA.
Please review our code of conduct before attending, which you can find at the bottom of this page.
We need volunteers! You can sign up to help make this event possible.
We need treats! Please help provide treats for Musical Scares: The Treat Trot! The more we have, the longer this fan favorite lasts! NEW THIS YEAR: We’re asking you to use a SIGN UP GENIUS to help manage volumes and delivery.
Food and Beverage: Pizza from Blind Onion (including gluten free and dairy free pizza), Caesar Salad, and beverages will be available for purchase in the Cafetorium. Cash (small bills appreciated) or cards accepted. NEW: We will also offer some quick grab, cash only, snacks! Everything is $1: drinks, chips, popcorn, candy bars, and cookies (Including GF and Vegan cookie options).
The entire event is at the Fernwood campus. Please use the front entrance on NE 33rd. Maps and signage will be throughout the building but most activities are in the gyms and cafetorium. The Haunted House will be in the basement area, and several activities will be held in classrooms on the first floor.
We will have carnival style games, a cakewalk, musical chairs, and a quiet space with calming activities.
Yes! Wear your costumes, but please take all masks off. Help us avoid hurting bodies or feelings by leaving weapons and other accessories at home (toys or real – guns, swords, knives, etc.). Be creative and culturally sensitive! Please avoid any costumes that may be considered offensive and avoid cultural appropriation. This can be a complex question, click here to read an expert's take on this topic.
We will have gentler Haunted House experiences at 5:30pm for younger kiddos (K-2). To make this enjoyable for all, please ask bigger kids who want the full spooky experience to wait for the later time (6:15-8pm).
Yes, a volunteer will help you and your family get downstairs via the elevator.
All funds raised from Spookarama will be put toward this year’s operational expenses and teacher grants. This year the PTA has decided to waive the entrance fee to focus this event on community building as our primary goal, but donations are welcome!
Yes! This event is only possible with volunteers. Specifically we need:
- Help leading different functions leading up to and/or on the day of
- Pre-event decoration and materials sourcing help
- During event volunteers (both behind the scenes and event-related)
- About 60 total volunteers to help set up and facilitate (in shifts) carnival style games
Spookarama Code of Conduct
Beverly Cleary School PTA is committed to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all Spookarama guests. By entering Spookarama, guests agree to honor this Code of Conduct.
- Be respectful of the building, guests and our volunteers.
- Costume masks and weapons of any kind are not allowed inside Spookarama.
- Running and horseplay are prohibited.
- Safety violations will not be tolerated.
- Profanity, obscene gestures, and/or offensive behavior are not permitted.
- No glass containers or alcoholic beverages permitted.
- SMOKING is prohibited including e-cigarettes and vapor pens.
- Guests under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be removed.
- Line jumping/holding places in line is not allowed.
- Pets/Animals are not allowed inside with the exception of service animals.
- Bicycles, scooters, or any other recreational mobility devices are not allowed inside the building.
- BCS PTA is not responsible for any lost or stolen items, or any damaged personal property.
- Children age 10 and younger must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Adults not accompanying children may be asked to leave.
- BCS PTA reserves the right to refuse service to anyone that is not in compliance with these rules.
Photography credit to T. Duvall Photography.