Friday, October 28th, 5:30pm to 8pm
Doors open at 5:30 for K-2 or students of any age experiencing sensory avoidance, and 6:00pm for everyone else.
Spookarama, a longstanding annual tradition, is a school-wide event held just before Halloween. BCS families, friends, and neighbors are invited to join us for a frightfully good time as the Fernwood Campus is transformed into an all-ages haunted house and carnival, filled with candy, games, and other fun activities.
Spookarama is FREE this year, but donations are welcome!
Please review our code of conduct before attending, which you can find at the bottom of this page.
We need volunteers! Please sign up here or contact email@example.com with questions or ideas on how to help.
The entire event is at the Fernwood campus. Please use the front entrance on NE 33rd. Maps and signage will be throughout the building but most activities are in the gyms and cafetorium. The Haunted House will be in the basement area, and several activities will be held in classrooms on the first floor.
What activities will be there?
We will have carnival style games, a cakewalk, musical chairs, and a quiet space with calming activities.
Yes! Wear your costumes, but please take all masks off. Help us avoid hurting bodies or feelings by leaving weapons and other accessories at home (toys or real – guns, swords, knives, etc.). Be creative and culturally sensitive! Please avoid any costumes that may be considered offensive and avoid cultural appropriation. This can be a complex question, click here to read an expert's take on this topic.
Is the Haunted House appropriate for all ages?
We will have gentler Haunted House experiences at 5:30pm for younger kiddos (K-2). To make this enjoyable for all, please ask bigger kids who want the full spooky experience to wait for the later time (6-8pm).
Is the Haunted House accessible to wheelchairs?
Yes, a volunteer will help you and your family get downstairs via the elevator.
Are non Beverly Cleary School families allowed at this event?
How will the PTA use the funds raised from this event?
All funds raised from Spookarama will be put toward this year’s operational expenses and teacher grants. This year the PTA has decided to waive the entrance fee to focus this event on community building as our primary goal, but donations are welcome!
Yes! This event is only possible with volunteers. Specifically we need:
- Help leading different functions leading up to and/or on the day of
- Pre-event decoration and materials sourcing help
- During event volunteers (both behind the scenes and event-related)
- 3 volunteers from each elementary (K-5) classroom to help set up and facilitate a class game
Please review the volunteer page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or ideas.
Spookarama Code of Conduct
Beverly Cleary School PTA is committed to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all Spookarama guests. By entering Spookarama, guests agree to honor this Code of Conduct.
- Be respectful of the building, guests and our volunteers.
- Costume masks and weapons of any kind are not allowed inside Spookarama.
- Running and horseplay are prohibited.
- Safety violations will not be tolerated.
- Profanity, obscene gestures, and/or offensive behavior are not permitted.
- No glass containers or alcoholic beverages permitted.
- SMOKING is prohibited including e-cigarettes and vapor pens.
- Guests under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be removed.
- Line jumping/holding places in line is not allowed.
- Pets/Animals are not allowed inside with the exception of service animals.
- Bicycles, scooters, or any other recreational mobility devices are not allowed inside the building.
- BCS PTA is not responsible for any lost or stolen items, or any damaged personal property.
- Children age 10 and younger must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Adults not accompanying children may be asked to leave.
- BCS PTA reserves the right to refuse service to anyone that is not in compliance with these rules.
Photography credit to T. Duvall Photography.