Thanks for your interest in volunteering. Please note that all volunteers helping in the school during class hours must have a completed background check and should sign in at the office.
Volunteering in your student's classroom is rewarding for students, teachers and parents alike. Please contact your student's teacher or room parent directly for more details.
Event and Project Leads: 2019-20 school year
Unless otherwise noted, please contact PTA Volunteer Chair Regan Preston if you would consider filling one or more of the following open positions:
- Display Case Lead (Hollyrood) — Regularly update the display case with information about school events.
- Garden Committee Lead — Serve as the primary contact person for the Fernwood garden. Occasionally help the Garden Educator during their classes with elementary children. Help arrange to fix broken items in the garden if needed. Help clean-up trash in the garden. Work with the Hollyrood Garden lead to determine how the money budgeted for the gardens should be used.
- Yearbook Advisor — The Yearbook Club is looking for a volunteer to serve as the lead Advisor for the production of this school year’s yearbook. The Yearbook Club convenes middle school students usually one day a week from October to mid-March to put together the publication that captures the great memories that will be created this school year and cherished forever. The Yearbook Club Advisor is responsible for:
- Recruiting students to participate in Yearbook Club
- Finding parent volunteers to help facilitate the yearbook meetings and other yearbook elements.
- Helping to determine the theme and creating pages for the yearbook
- Working with the school secretary on setting up purchase options
- Organizing and distributing yearbooks upon arrival
- Foundation Chair — The BCS Foundation is looking to fill its all-important president position. The Foundation president oversees the school’s critical outside fundraising activities, including an annual Giving Campaign and the annual Auction. The Foundation also facilitates communication to the parents in the hopes of raising $100,000 or more per year to help cover the costs of adding extra staff at our two campus buildings. Fundraising is primarily done through targeted campaign asks, matching gifts, and the aforementioned annual Auction. The Foundation president helps the Auction committee strategize and execute the functions of a successful fundraising event. For inquiries or to express interest, please contact current president Gina Marie Yazzolino at firstname.lastname@example.org. Gina would be more than happy to meet prospects for coffee to talk through any concerns. She will help the new president transition smoothly and has pledged continued involvement with some aspects of the Auction.
- Foundation Treasurer — The BCS Foundation treasurer is responsible for collecting and depositing all funds received by the Beverly Cleary Foundation and reconciling reports received from the PPS Foundation (formerly All Hands Raised). The treasurer is also responsible for managing reimbursement and payment requests from parents, teachers, and vendors. In addition to these duties, the treasurer may be asked to perform special projects when necessary. These projects may include analysis of figures related to our annual auction, budget planning, year-over-year comparisons, etc.